What is Certified Financial Planner cm ?
The Certified Financial Plannercm (CFPcm) designation is a professional certification mark for financial planners conferred by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (CFPcm Board), India. It is an internationally accepted Financial Planning qualification recognized in more than 20 countries across the globe. It gears candidates to provide comprehensive financial advisory services to individuals.
Why CFPcm ?
According to the Economic Times "Wealth Management" will be the 6th most sought after career in 2015.The CFPcm certification prepares you for wealth management. This certification will provide you chance of getting employed at wealth management ,financial planning firms, Banks , Mutual Funds etc or one can start one's own Financial planning or wealth advisory.
Who should do CFPcm?
1. It is ideal for students who wish to pursue a career in investment advisory and financial planning or financial advisory then CFPcm is an option. 2. Individual Financial Advisors. 3.Employees of organizations engaged in financial advisory services, including Stock Broking and Distribution Houses, Banks, Wealth Manage-ment Companies, Asset Management Companies, Insurance Companies, Consumer Credit Companies etc.
Where will a CFPcm find opportunity?
Financial Products Designing
Financial Products Marketing
Financial Advisory Services
CFPcm Path & Salary?
Trainees and executives with wealth managers, banks & product distributors
Sales Managers, Relationship Managers,Wealth Managers work experience financial expertise
Functional heads like retirement specialists, tax specialists and business/regional heads
Pursuing CFPcm Certification
Pursuing CFPcm Certification
CFPcm with work exp. and other professional qualifications
Entry Level salary Rs 2-3 lakh
Middle level salary Rs 4-7 lakh
Senior Level Above Rs 10 lakh
Module 1 : Introduction To Financial Planning
Module 2 : Risk Analysis & Insurance Planning
Module 3: Retirement Planning & Employee Benefits
Module 4 : Investment Planning
Module 5: Tax Planning & Estate Planning
Module 6 Advanced Financial Planning.
1. Register with finOptions for study program
2. Generate NCFM ID
3. Register with FPSB India for the regular or the challenge status mode
4. Take the Exams at NSE India Centre
CFPcm Requirements and Pathway to do CFPcm
One needs to fulfill the following four criteria to obtain the CFPcm Certification
Examination: The candidate has to pass the CFPcm certification exam i.e. she/he has to clear all the five papers.
Education: 12th Std Pass/Equivalent.
Experience: For graduate candidates 3 years of work experience is mandatory either pre or post Certification exam. In case of non graduates the criteria is 6 years of work experience.
Ethics On completion of above requirements, the candidate has to sign declaration for adherence to FPSB India's Code of Ethics & Rules of Professional Conduct.
1. Regular Pathway - Open to all after 12th standard.
Exam: Candidates have to write all the five exams
2. Challenge Status Pathway for working Professional
1. Requires additional higher qualification or professional qualification as specified by FPSB India (CA, MBA, M.com, CFA, CWA,LLB etc)
2. Requires a minimum of 3 years work experience in Institutions/Banks or 5 years experience in Financial Services Industry as self employed or in finance related departments of other Industries
Exams: Candidates have to write only 1 exam of Advance Financial Planning
Training Fees (Excluding examination & Registration fees of FPSB India)
Registrations Fees + Training Fees (Including Services Tax)
INR 35000 + Applicable Taxes
INR 25000 + Applicable Taxes
"In India generally an average CFPcm earns a salary between Rs2.5- 8 lakhs. A qualified CFP can easily find job opportunities in Banks, Wealth Management firms, Financial Advisory firms, Mutual Fund house and Insurance Companies etc."